“It’s not how much we give, but how much love we put into that giving.”
~ Mother Teresa
Join me this week for this quick video about how you can renegotiate the holidays in ways that will enhance your experience and keep you on target with what you really want.
1. Have a conversation with Family and Friends
Are you in love with all of the unspoken agreements that you have now around spending time, money and energy? Open the conversation – you are probably not the only one who would like to renegotiate.
- How much do you really want to spend? Create new agreements.
- How much travelling? How many parties will you go to?
- Will you host a party? How can you create community within your means?
2. Get really clear on Creating your holiday budget
How much do you actually spend at the holidays? Is that what you want to do?
- Make a plan with estimates of how much you want to spend
- Add it all up – is it reasonable given other goals you have in your life?
- Your plan will help you to avoid overspending
- Use the Holiday Spending tool (Click Here)
“True generosity has to be good for both the giver and the receiver.”
© 2014 www.karencollacutt.com
Want to use this article in your ezine or website? You can, as long as you include this complete citation with it.
Personal finance expert, Karen Collacutt is founder and CEO of Make Friends with Your Money. Karen works with ambitious people who are making good money but are wondering where it all went at the end of the month. She helps her clients to get clear on their money life challenges and opportunities, matching their money to their goals. They build a plan, confidence and peace of mind around their money.
Certified Money Coach and Certified Financial Planner, Karen brings over 15 years of finance and business experience to her clients. Coach, speaker, author and change catalyst for those ready to create a positive and empowered money life, Karen delivers a fresh perspective on how to make friends with your money. www.karencollacutt.com.